Joined: 03 Jun 2005
|Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 pm Post subject: AUSTRALIA 3 MORE MUSLIMS ARRESTED IN 18TH TERROR INCIDENT
|Australia: Another 3 Muslims Arrested in 18th Major Terror Incident Since Nonwhite Invasion Stared
TNO STAFF — NOVEMBER 20, 2018
Another three Muslims have been arrested in Australia for plotting a terrorist attack in the eighteenth major terror incident since 2005, all directly linked to the establishment’s promotion of mass Third World immigration.
Samed Eriklioglu is taken away by Australian police.
According to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), the latest arrests are of three Turks, named as Hanifi Halis, Ertunc Eriklioglu, and Samed Eriklioglu. All have been charged with planning a terrorist attack in Melbourne.
The three had tried to source a semi-automatic rifle to kill as many people as possible in a crowded space, police said.
All three had had their Australian passports cancelled earlier this year, out of a “fear” that they were going to leave the country to join ISIS overseas.
The trio, who apparently attended the same Islamic centre as the Bourke Street attacker (a Somali by the name of Hassan Khalif Shire Ali), had wanted to ‘kill a maximum amount of people as possible’ in a crowded place,” the police said, police alleged.
“It’s our view that, while a specific location had not been finalized, there was a view towards a crowded place, a place where maximum people would be attending, to be able to kill, we allege, as maximum an amount of people as possible,” Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton told reporters.
“I believe, over more recent days, attempts have been made to source a semiautomatic rifle to assist with the carrying out of that terrorism event.”
Police also executed four warrants in the northwest in Melbourne, searching a property in Coolaroo.
AFP Assistant Commissioner Ian McCartney said the three men were facing life in prison. “If we had not acted early in preventing this attack, we’ll allege the consequences would have been chilling, with the potential, as the commissioner stated, with a potential significant loss of human life,” he said.
Ashton said the inevitable crowds that come to Melbourne for Christmas and new year’s were playing on investigators minds. “We’re getting to a busy time of the year as you know with a lot of mass gatherings occurring … as we start to head into Christmas time, there’s places where mass gatherings occur, Christmas parties and that sort of thing,” he said.
Previous nonwhite terrorist incidents in Australia include:
– The 2005 Sydney terrorism plot: Khaled Cheikho, Moustafa Cheikho, Mohamed Ali Elomar, Abdul Rakib Hasan, and Mohammed Omar Jamal were arrested in various neighbourhoods of Sydney and were tried in the New South Wales Supreme Court over a terror-related plot they planned between July 2004 and November 2005. Police searches of their homes discovered instructions on bomb-making, 28,000 rounds of ammunition (including 11,000 7.62×39mm), 12 rifles, militant Islamist literature, and footage of beheadings carried out by Islamists, and also of aircraft crashing into the World Trade Center on 11 September 2001. According to the prosecution, the men purchased explosive chemicals and guns between July 2004 and November 2005.
– The 2009 Holsworthy Barracks terror plot: Saney Edow Aweys, Nayef El Sayed, Yacqub Khayre, Abdirahman Ahmed and Wissam Mahmoud Fattal were arrested for a plot targeting Holsworthy Barracks—an Australian Army training area located in south-western Sydney—with automatic weapons. The perpetrators planned to infiltrate the base and shoot as many army personnel and others as possible until they themselves were killed or captured; but they were arrested before they could carry out their plan. Connected with the Somali-based terrorist group al-Shabaa.
– 2014 Endeavour Hills Stabbings: On September 23, 2014, 18-year-old Abdul Numan Haider stabbed two counter-terrorism officers in Endeavour Hills, a suburb of Melbourne, before he was shot dead. Haider’s passport had been cancelled by authorities who feared he was planning to join ISIS.
– 2014 Sydney Hostage Crisis: On December 15, 2014, Man Haron Monis, a self-styled cleric originally from Iran, held eighteen people hostage the Lindt chocolate café in central Sydney. Police officers stormed the café after a 16-hour standoff in which three people were killed including the gunman.
– September 2014 Brisbane Islamic Center Raid: On September 10, Australian Federal Police raided an Islamic center in the G20 summit host city Brisbane. ABC said the brother of a man widely believed to be Australia’s first suicide bomber in Syria had ties to the centre. Two men were arrested and charged with terrorism offences. In August, the director general of Australia’s spy agency, David Irvine, said that 15 Muslims from have died fighting in Iraq and Syria for ISIS, and that “one hundred or more” in Australia are “actively supporting” militant groups by recruiting new fighters and providing funds.
– 2015 ANZAC Day Plot: A 19-year-old Turk, Sevdet Ramadan Besim, is arrested for planning to behead a police officer during the 2015 Anzac Day parade. He was convicted after pleading guilty to planning a terrorist act and sentenced to 10 years in prison. He said he targeted April 25, “because here in Australia the kafir [non-Muslims] celebrate Anzac Day and I want to terrorise them on that day.”
– 2015 Parramatta Shooting: On October 2, 2015, 15-year-old Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar shot and killed a 58-year-old accountant, in the western Sydney suburb of Parramatta. Five men were arrested in connection to the killing, which New South Wales Police deputy commissioner Catherine Burn called a “terrorism event.”
– 2015 Fairfield plot: Omar Al-Kutobi, 24, and Mohammad Kiad, 26, were arrested and charged with preparing to commit a terrorist act after being observed purchasing weapons. They had already made a martyrdom video.
– 2015 Parramatta shooting: 15-year-old Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar, an Iraqi-Kurd, shot dead a civilian employee of the New South Wales Police, before being shot dead by a New South Wales Police officer during a shootout. Four others were charged in relation to the shooting, among whom Raban Alou was convicted of terrorism offences in March 2018.
– 2015 Mother’s Day Terror Plot: An 18-year-old Syrian, identified only as “MHK,” was arrested for building explosive devices under instruction from “British” ISIS members in in preparation for a Mother’s Day terrorist attack. MHK had three bombs in advanced stages of preparation when arrested. He was sentenced to seven years in jail in 2017.
– 2016 Minto Stabbing Attack: On September 20, 2016, 22-year-old Ihsas Khan repeatedly stabbed his neighbor Wayne Greenhalgh, 57, who was walking his dog, in the Sydney suburb of Minto. Khan, a well-known local Muslim street preacher, was charged with committing a terrorist act and attempted murder.
– 2016 Christmas Day Melbourne Plot: Hamza Abbas, 23, his cousin Abdullah Chaarani, 27, and friend Ahmed Mohamed, 25, were arrested in connection with a plot to bomb Melbourne’s Federation Square, St Paul’s Cathedral and Flinders Street Station in December 2016. The three were found guilty in November 2018. The group had the makings for pipe bombs – sparkler dust, hundreds of match heads and chemicals including hydrogen peroxide – that were intended, as Ibrahim put it, to “wage violent jihad.” They got the recipe from the infamous al-Qaida magazine article “How to make a bomb in the kitchen of your mom”.
– 2017 Queanbeyan Stabbing Attacks: On April 7, 2017, two “youths” who remained unnamed because of their age, went on a stabbing spree in the town of Queanbeyan. Shortly before midnight on 6 April 2017, the two murdered a Pakistani service station attendant at Queanbeyan with a steak knife, and used his blood to write the letters “I S” on the walls of the service station. They then attacked a man with a tire iron in a nearby park, and later flagged down a passing motorist, pretending to be in need of assistance. The motorist was stabbed in the stomach and hit on the head with a hammer.
– 2017 Aircraft bombing plot: Two Lebanese brothers, Khaled Khayat (49) and Mahmoud Khayat (32), were arrested in connection with an IS- inspired plot to plant a bomb on an Etihad Airways flight departing Sydney on 15 July 2017. The plan was to detonate an improvised explosive device concealed in a suitcase twenty minutes into an Abu-Dhabi-bound flight with 400 passengers aboard. The plot was prevented at the airport check-in counter when a passenger attempted to check in a bag that was suspiciously heavy. The IEDs were shipped international cargo from ISIS members to the plotters in Australia. The two brothers charged in the case had a brother, Tarek, who was a senior member of the Islamic State in Raqqa.
– 2017 Brighton Siege: On June 5, 2017, 29-year-old Yacqub Khayre stormed an apartment complex in Brighton, a suburb of Melbourne. One woman was shot dead and another held hostage. The gunman was killed after shooting three police officers. He reportedly told police over the phone, “This is for IS, this is for Al Qaeda.”
– 2017 Brighton siege: Yacqub Khayre shot dead a Chinese receptionist in a serviced apartment complex and took a prostitute hostage in Brighton, Victoria. Police officers were involved in gunfight with Khayre who was shot dead and three officers wounded. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack and Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull described the incident as terrorism. Khayre had previously been charged in relation to the Holsworthy Barracks terror plot but was acquitted in trial. He had recently been released on parole.
– 2018 Melbourne stabbing attack: Somali Hassan Khalif Shire Ali, set his car on fire and stabbed three people, one fatally, in the Central Business District of Melbourne, Australia, before being shot and killed by police.